Friday, June 15, 2012

Slacking

Okay, I know I've been slacking on the tulip post. I've been so busy with photography for my business (www.jessicalarsonphotography.com), that I haven't really gotten around to editing any of my own photos! Soon, I promise.

Last week, we started another phase of follow-up appointments, and Summer has an MRI next week. Everything is going really well so far. We saw endocrinology last week, and Summer has grown 3 inches now since December. Now if only she'd put on a little weight! I think she's actually starting to suffer from some growing pains at night, and I have a call back in to the endocrinologist to follow up on that. I think they'll probably wait to change anything with growth hormone until we get all the labs done with her MRI next week.

The endocrinologist also ordered a Celiac disease screening to go along with her normal labs since she continues to have tummy trouble. I'm curious to see how that comes back - you may remember I suspected some level of gluten intolerance a while back.

Summer also had a neuropsychology assessment this week, which she completed on her own while I sat in the waiting room. I'm so anxious to find out the results (next Friday), especially since I couldn't be in the room to see how cooperative she was. I think it must have gone well - she finished on the shorter end of the time frame they allow (2-6 hours), and was happy to go back in for more testing after her snack break halfway through.

Yesterday, my dad sent me a quote from Mark Twain about his favorite daughter. It could have written about Summer; it describes her perfectly. I keep reading and re-reading it, and thought I'd share it with all of you:


"She was a magazine of feelings and they were of all kinds and of all shades of force; she was so volatile, as a little child, that sometimes the whole battery came into play in the short compass of a day. She was full of life, full of activity, full of fire, her waking hours were a crowding and hurrying procession of enthusiasms ... Joy, sorrow, anger, remorse, storm, sunshine, rain, darkness -- they were all there: They came in a moment and they were gone as quickly. In all things she was intense: in her this characteristic was not a mere glow, dispensing warmth, but a consuming fire."

Love it. Love her!
An old one, but I immediately thought of this picture when I read that quote!

No comments:

Post a Comment