Sunday, August 15, 2010

Big day tomorrow!

Tomorrow's the big surgery day! We will be checking in at noon, with the surgery scheduled to start at 1:15pm. We've been told it will take 3-4 hours.

Last time they called us a few times to provide updates during the surgery. I'm testing a new blogging app on my phone right now, so assuming this works I'll provide quick updates as news comes in.

I have a lot of packing, organizing and cleaning to do tonight, so thankfully the worst of my sinus infection has passed and I feel up to it. I would leave the cleaning for later, but the shower has to be cleaned before Summer's special antibacterial bath in the morning.

We'll be getting up before 5am for some milk and toast, and hopefully she'll go back to sleep after so I can too!

We love to have visitors help pass the time away during our hospital stay, but here are a couple of things to know:

In the ICU, only three people total (including Jason and/or me) can be with Summer at a time, but visiting gets a lot easier and more relaxed once we move to the floor. I'll post our room number once we do.

We can't have flowers or balloons in the ICU, but they will be allowed after we move.

Meals can't be brought into the ICU, except the ones provided by the hospital. If you'd like to bring snacks after we move, please remember that Summer is on a gluten-free diet.

Also, we won't be able to answer our phones, receive text messages or check voicemail in the ICU, but we will have access to email.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Let's hope this one goes as well as the last, with a quick recovery and no side-effects.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,

    I will be thinking about Summer, you and Jason all day today.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete